Tuesday, December 29, 2009

The ring



The ring has much symbolism - some debated, but the true value of a ring is not to the rest of the world, it is to the person who wears it.

About every five minutes Apey looks at her ring, and she smiles. The ring we picked out for me is coming in a couple of weeks (guess the jewelry store didn't want to sell me the "floor model.").

I asked Apey - when do you want me to start wearing the ring. "Soon as you get it."

It is unconventional - but we have done a few things in an unconventional manner in our relationship. And yet, convention is as a person makes it. I'm looking forward to getting the ring, and then I'll put in on (in the car of course).

2 comments:

  1. Thank God you're a doctor. I bet baby Simpson is born in the car. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I hope JJ is born in a hospital - a lot easier to clean up!

    ReplyDelete