Thursday, July 22, 2010

Hi Son!


Wow- you are here! All 7 lbs 13 ounces of you, and 20.5 inches of you. You are here! And everything I imagined - .

It was quite a day - while we can plan C-sections, we cannot always plan the time they will happen. True to form- there was an emergency or two before they were able to get to your mom - but we went in about 15:45 and you were born at 16:01. The entire C-section took 16 minutes from skin to skin.

You were taken quickly to a warmer where the pediatrician cleaned you up - and guess whose arms you were put into first -- yup, mine. We got you right over to your mom though, and she was the second person to give you a kiss!

The last couple of nights I have stayed up with you -- although around 3 am I fall asleep. Your mom and I are learning how to take care of you and all I can say is that it is difficult to put you down!

So, son - welcome to this world. You no longer have your mother's womb to protect you but you are surrounded by the love of your parents, grandparents, aunts, uncles, and so many wonderful friends.

One good friend saw a photo of me holding you and said, "You have spent your life waiting for him." It's true-- I have, I just didn't know it.

Sorry if I keep wanting to hold you- I'm just upset I took a week off instead of a month

Love,

Dad

2 comments:

  1. Welcome to the world JJ. I cannot imagine a more wanted and loved baby!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations to you both! glad to hear everyone is healthy and happy. Please post more pics!

    Best wishes,

    Alaska Heidi

    ReplyDelete