Tuesday, December 22, 2009

My body is betraying me



Photo taken in California in September on a wine shoot. Lots of fun adventures to go through in the past, and now this...

Oh it is tough sometimes.

"I feel like someone has taken over my body." April moans. "I sleep all the time, I'm getting fat, I have funny aches and pains. I have to go to the bathroom all the time, but I'm constipated."

I feel so sorry for her. I try to reassure her -- by telling her she isn't fat and things will get better - but one thing did:

"Honey, in five generations from now there will be people, who won't know us, remember us, other than some digital image of great great great grandparents. Those people won't be there if you hadn't gone through this. So for them - thank you."

She hugged me.

No comments:

Post a Comment