Monday, December 14, 2009

The best partner


If someone were to write the story of my life- that story would begin now.

Much like biographies contain little information about childhood-- because there is little of interest (except those things that might shape a person) - there is, in comparison to finding Apey, and becoming a dad -- little of consequence.

Sure, you might think this is sappy - and perhaps to an extent it is - but for me, life has begun. Now I have a partner - and we are creating the greatest adventure. Like most great adventures I have an idea of where I would like it to go- but have no idea what will happen next.

With every new pain she has, with every new thing I read about the fetus - with every new bit of advice I solicit, I get a whole new picture of what life is going to be like.

An old friend of mine, upon hearing the news, said that I would appreciate this much more than "the young pups." I suspect he is write. My soon-to-be-father-in-law said that having a child at this age is an adventure he couldn't imagine (they adopted Apey's brother, Peter).

I cannot be more grateful to have had the adventure that I thought I would never have. I cannot be more grateful to have a partner in this adventure - that is the greatest one I could ever imagine having. We both look forward to this!

No comments:

Post a Comment