Thursday, December 3, 2009

Project JJ



I've read that our baby is the size of a lentil right now -- so here is a comparison of an onion and a lentil.


Many things between a couple are personal - things not shared with others. There are a lot of reasons for this, but mostly it has to do with hope, and fear, and superstition.

April and I met, we fell in love-- we started a conversation that continues on- and the thought of having a child just fell into place.

April said, "I know I love you, because I never wanted to have a child through this body- I always wanted to adopt. But I want to have your babies."

Adoption is in our future. No doubt April loves the idea because she was born in China, and her brother is from China. No doubt I love the idea because my dad was raised in the Jesse Lee Home in Alaska, an orphanage.

But having children - well, it wasn't in my future - or hers.

So, we started to talk about it.

"I hope I have a boy," she said. April is a tom boy- loves to run, play rough, and enjoy lots of sports.

"What would we name him?" I asked

We decided to name him after my brother, who died - Jimmy (also my dad's name) and her dad (George).

"So we would call him Jimmy George?" I asked.

"Oh now, I'd call him JJ. Jimmy James- you get over here right now! Then he'd know he was in trouble" We laughed at the through of it.

"What about Lilly?" I asked, "Somehow that name just sticks with me."

Yea - silly eh? Well, that describes me-- or us.

I've never been happier.

So, we don't know if we have a JJ or a Lilly. But whoever you are-- know this: you were planned, you are loved, and we can't wait to get to know you better!

1 comment:

  1. I have always said the same thing that April said, "I never want to have a child through this body." And I have always sworn against marriage. But, watching your love happen and reading each chapter of your life together as it happens ... part of me wants to have the love and happiness that you both share.

    Cheers to my favorite aunt and uncle. You are proof that true love does happen.

    Ash

    ReplyDelete