Thursday, December 3, 2009

Project JJ



I've read that our baby is the size of a lentil right now -- so here is a comparison of an onion and a lentil.


Many things between a couple are personal - things not shared with others. There are a lot of reasons for this, but mostly it has to do with hope, and fear, and superstition.

April and I met, we fell in love-- we started a conversation that continues on- and the thought of having a child just fell into place.

April said, "I know I love you, because I never wanted to have a child through this body- I always wanted to adopt. But I want to have your babies."

Adoption is in our future. No doubt April loves the idea because she was born in China, and her brother is from China. No doubt I love the idea because my dad was raised in the Jesse Lee Home in Alaska, an orphanage.

But having children - well, it wasn't in my future - or hers.

So, we started to talk about it.

"I hope I have a boy," she said. April is a tom boy- loves to run, play rough, and enjoy lots of sports.

"What would we name him?" I asked

We decided to name him after my brother, who died - Jimmy (also my dad's name) and her dad (George).

"So we would call him Jimmy George?" I asked.

"Oh now, I'd call him JJ. Jimmy James- you get over here right now! Then he'd know he was in trouble" We laughed at the through of it.

"What about Lilly?" I asked, "Somehow that name just sticks with me."

Yea - silly eh? Well, that describes me-- or us.

I've never been happier.

So, we don't know if we have a JJ or a Lilly. But whoever you are-- know this: you were planned, you are loved, and we can't wait to get to know you better!