Monday, December 28, 2009

Mama Bear


Whoa... Mom, Mama, Mummy - that's just weird. Yep, for once I'm thinking 'that's what someone is gonna call ME!!' I am thrilled!
Before meeting Terry, never in a million years did I think that I'd be pregnant and carrying a baby! And now - we are - I mean, I am!! And I am so excited! So centered, so focused and so ready for this beautiful stage in my life. I thank God my heart is softened, clear and so open to giving more love to a life that will need it and want it forever!

Today I watched our tears flow as we saw the baby for the first time - and was so happy to see us both so moved by this experience. For something that happens everyday to everyone - it just seems so out of this world to us two... I guess because we never really thought it would be us - and now that's all we want! And we feel so blessed that it's happening to us!

Up until today I've been reluctant to write - call it a juvenile 'jinx' feeling - but I just really wanted to make sure it was "real" before pouring my heart and hopes out onto a page - ya know? Oh don't get me wrong - this and has been very real to me - LoL - the 14 extra pounds I've put on and the new pair of jeans and underoos I've had to buy are evidence that this is really happening to me! Not to mention the fact that my bazombas enter a room 5 minutes before the rest of my body arrives! Help! The complete fatigue has been fun too... I think Terry thinks I am a sleep-a-holic! Luckily there's medical proof and I'm not just taking advantage of seriously doing nothing on this vacation! ha ha!

But the bottom line is I've felt healthy thru it all - like this is 'supposed' to be happening - and if it wasn't... well then I'd be more worried. Phew! Thank goodness we've had a great 1st appointment! I feel like we've covered a huge milestone with 10 weeks and 2 days!

Please pray that everything goes well these next few weeks - for I will be doing cartwheels once we're past the 1st trimester... and hopefully soon I'll be doing some exercises too (14 pounds!!? Yikes!)

Thank you for sharing in our excitement - yay!

3 comments:

  1. I'm so glad y'all are sharing this experience with those of us who loves you. I know Doc will say this is just my limbic talking (whatever the hell that is), but I'm telling you I'm supposed to know you now and I'm thankful to have found you - especially during this precious time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Sher, we love you too. The whole experience of meeting April, falling in love, getting pregnant, and seeing the little kid waving at us has made me question a lot of things. So, I could resort back to neuro-science arguments about feelings and the brain - and talk about transmitters and whatnot. But - I prefer to think of it like a kitchen in a restaurant.

    I always prefer not to see a kitchen in the restaurant-- as the chefs toil to make my meal. Instead, I like seeing it come out-- plated beautifully. It makes it magic -- otherwise it is just someone cooking a meal.

    This whole package - April, baby, our respective parents - and our friends here - are all a part of it- it is all "magic."

    So ring the bell, honey - cause I believe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just when I think I can't love you more than I do, you go and get all Hallmarky on me.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete