Sunday, January 3, 2010

Its all Good even when its tough



I love dogs. So after the wedding we plan on getting one of these little guys-- a golden-doodle type. Maybe even this one.

Today was the end of two weeks that April was here with me-- and that made it a tough day, or few days as we started to feel bad about parting. Parting is sweet sorrow, but soon I get to see her again!

As I write this, I am tracking April's plane as it begins its approach to Tampa.

Our lives have changed forever - and I wouldn't change it for anything. But still, days like this are tough.

I remember when I was home from college on Christmas break - and mom was a bit strained as I went to the airport to head back to Chicago. When I got back dad called and said that mom just missed me. Today was a little like that.

We had to remind each other that while we had a lot of great things in our lives already- the best things are coming. I know it is tough on April- as the snow falls and she wishes she could go snowboarding - or when she feels hindered by not taking opportunities to go on shoots around the world.

It is not about us -- we have both lived great lives, great adventures- and yet this is the greatest one of all. We get to give back- we get to begin our journey- and bring the kids and dogs -- and help with medicine- and showing the world through April's amazing talents with a camera.

Tough week - she has to give notice to her employer of 12 years - we have a wedding to prepare for (she wants a dress - nothing fancy - but something). I head to Alaska and then to Tampa.

I miss you, Apey -- I miss you a lot. I love every minute I get to spend with you - and JJ -- can't wait to hold you in my arms and rock you to sleep.

For all our friends here who share our joy in this "secret" blog -- thank you for your wonderful support. We love you all - and we will honor you all - by giving back to this world as best we can.

We might be a bit pre-occupied for a bit with a few things- but we are so happy to share our joy with you.

Love you all

No comments:

Post a Comment