Sunday, January 3, 2010

First heartbeat


Hey, kid-- I heard your heartbeat last night-- for the first time with a stethoscope.

Yea, one of the advantages of being a doctor is I have a stethoscope. The one I keep at home isn't a good one, but thought I would listen to see if I could hear anything.

Your mom was having some "growing pains" in her uterus -- apparently you are going to grow twice your size this week - and she was feeling it. We always worry about every pain or cramp, so decided to try the old stethoscope.

Way down inside I heard this little heartbeat. So I listened while I checked you mom's pulse, and then my own pulse-- but it wasn't ours-- it was yours!

I put the stethoscope in your mom's ears -- and I could see the smile creep across her face.

It made our night. We love you - we look forward to meeting you. And when you cry in the middle of the night, I will put my hand on your chest and feel your heartbeat and remember this moment

No comments:

Post a Comment