Saturday, February 6, 2010

A son? Hi son!


Dear JJ,

So yesterday your mother and I had the greatest day of our lives - -well, so far-- and trust me - we have had some great days since we found each other.

It didn't start out as great - we were looking forward to the OB visit, thinking we would have the ultrasound, and that we would find out if you were a boy or a girl. We were excited. Well -- the OB group didn't want to do an ultrasound until 18 weeks.

I'm not one to take no for an answer- so after we left I found a place that does ultrasounds - and has this four-D image. So we went - and this is your little hand waving at us. But of course- we wanted to know what you are-- boy, girl - -after all we have a room to paint, things to get ready.

So- in about fifteen seconds after looking at your ultrasound the technician pointed to the photo and told us-- yup -- its a boy. and you can see where she put the arrow just in case there was any doubt.

As we left the place-- with smiles as big as the Arizona sky - your mom sent emails and I called my parents.

You see, son - we figured you were a boy- and had a name picked out for you. Your name is Jimmy - after your uncle who died a few years ago-- my brother. James is also your grandfather's name. Middle name-- George (after your other grandfather). I was so happy to call my folks and let them know that there is going to be another Jimmy in the family.

Mom said, "If he's like your brother, he will be active." To which I responded told your grandmother how active you are in the womb. Yup- you are a lot like your uncle-- active and ready to go.

Hey- kid-- your mom and I can't stop smiling. All through the night we would look at each other and say, "Hey, we are going to have a son." Then we did this fist pump thing - and well, it is something we do in 2010 and no doubt you will find it old fashioned when you are of age. But trust me-- we love you, and there are a whole lot of people who will be waiting to love you too.

Love,

Your most excited father

No comments:

Post a Comment