Wednesday, February 17, 2010

The Countdown


JJ,

Two things happen this week - the first is that your mother and I are getting married. But before that- we are going to get some 18 week old photos of you.

Today was pretty special-- we felt you move. We know you are moving a lot-- cause we hear you every night with the Doppler. We listen to your heartbeat-- and hear you flipping around your mom's uterus like you were an Olympic athlete. Your mom is convinced that you are going to be born with a skate board.

Your mom likes having my hand rest on her belly- just where her uterus is (your current home) - and we felt you! All I could think of is someday soon, I will feel you as you lay in my arms, and I rock you to sleep - trying with everything I can to let you know that you are loved, and you are safe. Know this-- every moment of this I treasure (ok, your mom isn't so happy about being pregnant but, hey - it is tough).

We love you kid-- keep moving. Your mom has some mountains she wants you to board down, and I need a golf partner -- mostly- we can't wait for you to join our family.

Love,
Dad

No comments:

Post a Comment