Saturday, November 20, 2010

One year

It was a year ago we found out about you
Dear JJ,

One year ago your mom and I found out that we were pregnant with you. Your mom and I were so excited.  I didn't want to be "that guy" who jumped up in down in the movies when he found out his wife was pregnant-- but I couldn't help it. When your mom and I met we had this feeling- and after seeing each other for a while we confirmed it- and then we decided life just wouldn't be happy without you.

So this is a pretty special time for us- -because it brings us a lot of memories.

But nothing is as fun as having you here-- having your smile - and watching you grow, and develop a personality - and smile at us.

So son, your dad is going to spend this Thanksgiving season a bit misty - because more than any Thanksgiving ever- I am so glad that I have your mother and you in my life.

Love,

Dad

No comments:

Post a Comment