Thursday, December 2, 2010

The other Jimmy

You have his smile
Dear JJ,

You have had a wonderful and busy time and Thanksgiving - and we had the entire family here. But today is a bit of a sad day- because today would have been my brother's 59th birthday.  Jimmy, my brother, died in 2006 - on December 7th- so the first part of December is a tough time for our family. You were named after him- and you have become the light of our lives -- all of the Simpson family.

I miss my brother- but I noticed something when you started to smile-- I noticed that you have the same smile that my brother did - and every time you smile- it makes my heart warm. It reminds me that life is a cycle, and with every rough bump there are some great things.

We never know when our time on this earth is done-- for your uncle, my brother - it was too soon. But if I ever have a last pleasant thought- it will be your smile and laugh.

Love,

Dad



Your Namesake, Jimmy and his dog, Gracie

The three beautiful ones in my life

Your grandmother loved having you in her lap

Grandpa Jim - he sure loves his grandson

No comments:

Post a Comment