Monday, August 30, 2010

Memories and a smile

Dear JJ,

We had a special guest this weekend- your uncle Barry. Ok- so he is dressed in a costume - but it was because of the hospitality of Barry and his wife Debbie that your mom and I met.

A little over a year ago I was invited to their home for a dinner. It was a weekend when I had nothing to do, and seemed like a good idea -- turned out it was a great idea.

Your mom met me at the airport- and well- the rest...

We also are enjoying your smile- and watch your eyes as they focus on your mom, or grandma, or Barry, or the dog, or me. That precious smile was from the morning shift (my turn to watch you)

Six weeks tomorrow, son. Six weeks ago you came into our lives - we are so happy you did, you brought to us so much love and joy. Now we love seeing you smile-

This week is a great one- because you get to meet my parents - your other grandparents. Their first grandchild.

Ok- keep working on that smile- it melts my heart.

Love,

Dad

No comments:

Post a Comment