Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Golf, snowboarding, or JJ

From 196 yards
Dear JJ,

Sundays I get to play golf with my good friend Steve, and a funny thing has happened - I miss you. I know I have missed you before, but about ten years ago someone asked me why I didn't have children and I told them it would interfere with my weekend golf game.  Back then, when I thought I wasn't ever going to have kids- it seemed the highlight of my week was playing golf (and then I did it three times a week). 

Now the highlight of my week is seeing you.

Got your mom a new snowboard
Your mom's great passion in life was snowboarding. She was pretty excited when Santa got her a new snowboard with boots and bindings. Well - today, for the first time in almost two years- your mom and your uncle went to the slopes for a day of boarding. About an hour after she left I got a text from her saying she missed you already.

First oranges and fruit of loins
I know it seems a bit odd to write about this- but the two of us were pretty heavily into our games - and now we have more joy in our life being with you. 

The great thing about it- we still enjoy our sports- but we sure enjoy coming home to you- and what we really look forward is when you join us on the links, or the slopes- or almost anywhere.  See, son, we discovered that we love our sports every bit as much as we always did - but we found a new love - family. And there is nothing like it.

Love,

Dad

1 comment:

  1. Won't it be wonderful when JJ is old enough to share in your passions too! So happy he'll be able to learn and experience all that life and love have to offer from you and Apes xoxo

    ReplyDelete