Monday, December 6, 2010

I miss my family

Mom and JJ
Dear JJ,

This weekend we got to head to Atlanta to see your auntie Kim, uncle Bob, and a whole bunch of other nice friends. But, I had to leave early to come home to work-  while you and mom stayed there.

Funny thing- during the day - while at work, I am use to not seeing you-- I think about you a lot- but it sure is difficult not seeing you when I get home, or this morning when I woke up and my little boy with his smile isn't there.

Then I realized it-- I miss my family. Family - something I never really had of my own. I know it is difficult to imagine- but at 53 years old it has been a long time since I lived home- and for years I felt as if I was a wandering soul from place to place. But now I am "settled." Your mom, and you - a feeling I never have experienced before.

So, son- you and your mom will be home tomorrow. And I am really looking forward to it. First time I have been away from you since you were born.  I love you son- see you tomorrow.

Love,
Dad



You enjoy your baths

Always happy

starting to sit in your high chair

and you seem to enjoy chewing on your feet.

No comments:

Post a Comment