Monday, May 28, 2012

Its ok not to be cool

Dear JJ,

I love singing to you. Mostly I make up words to songs we know. You love it too. Before you go to sleep you like me singing versions of "got a whale of a tale to tell you lads, a whale of a tale or two. About your mom I love, and a flappin fish, and nights like this with the moon above (at which point we both point our fingers to the sky), a whale of a tale and its all true, I swear by auntie Kim's tatoo."

You like music too- the wind chime tree

Snuggling up in the morning

Your morning coffee with your morning cartoons

With the aid of a stick you can make the wind chime play

whack it son!




In the morning there are songs we sing together, like from Mickey Mouse, and Jake the Neverland Pirate.
But as I sang to you I thought of how you will grow, and these songs that I know will be not sung to you anymore, and if I try to sing them you will say "oh dad." I won't be cool.
Its ok though. Because I know that someday you are going to be a dad, and when you are, you will realize that learning and singing songs to your children will be important to them, but more important to you.
Until then, son, I am going to keep singing.

Love,

Dad

No comments:

Post a Comment