Thursday, May 13, 2010

The important things


Dear JJ,

So your mom and I went to a store called "Babies R Us." We were looking for a crib, that will someday be your bed. We also looked at everything else in there-- and then I came across gliders.

Gliders are like rocking chairs, but can go back a bit. So I sat in them, and tried a number of them out. The one I liked was comfortable and yet it was the ugliest of them all.

But here is the thing- when you wake up at night- well - I will put you on my shoulder, and rock you to sleep - and maybe me too. So ugly doesn't count when comfort is involved.

It is like a lot of things. I had kind of a bad week- and some work things were on my mind a lot. But when I came home and your mom showed me her belly with you wiggling all over-- well, it made me smile.

Life is like that -- might be ugly, but with some love and the perspective it can be comfortable.

Perspective- and son, you have given me the best perspective of all.

Love,

Dad

2 comments:

  1. I love this quote doc "Life is like that--might be ugly, but with some love and the perspective it can be comfortable"

    I always try to remember the big picture ... JJ is for sure the BIG picture!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, actually my sis Apey is the BIG picture right now! (Love ya sis!)

    ReplyDelete