Sunday, June 15, 2014

Fathers Day 2014

Dear JJ,

This is my third Father's Day!

Somehow this has become my favorite holiday. Not that I want gifts, because on this day I am reminded that almost four years ago I was given the greatest gift -becoming a dad.  It's my favorite title, it is the greatest club I have ever belonged to.

Today you are 42 inches tall and weigh 42 pounds - full of energy, and full of smiles. You love to tease your mom and me - and we can always tell, because you get this smile on your face and a twinkle in your eye. But every night I get to put you to bed you tell me you love me, and even though I want you to get to sleep, that just stops me in my tracks.

I don't have anything profound to say to you today son. Like my dad said - kids provide fountains of love.

Love,
Dad
And Happy Father's Day to my dad - here doing his duties when I was seven months old

My two favorite people:  you and your mom flying kits
You have become quite a reader - sometimes we are amazed that you can read
Three generations of Simpson Men - always moving
You have become quite a world traveler 
Our First Family Photo - July 20, 2010


No comments:

Post a Comment