Thursday, April 8, 2010

The new Family


Dear JJ,

A very good friend of ours wanted to get your first baby gift. So she got a pair of fur slippers.

Turns out your mom and I love our fur slippers, so today-- in Anchorage -- we lined them up. Everytime we look at them - we smile. Because we are a family.

Of course Alaska is pretty special to us. It is where I was born and raised, where my dad was, and his mom, and years back. Don't know that you will be born here -- but you were made here.

Great thing about Alaska-- you have a whole lot of aunties and uncles that can't wait to meet you. So I have to wonder-- why do you need slippers-- because from what I can tell you won't need to use your feet-- everyone will carry you.

Especially your dad,

Love, Dad

1 comment:

  1. I love reading your blog...both of them. You are really very eloquent and expressive. This will make a wonderful "book" for JJ someday. Thanks for letting me into your private live. "Catherine Zeta"

    ReplyDelete