Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Mother's Day and Recitals

Bringing flowers to Grandma Simpson
Dear JJ,

Mother's Day was bitter sweet.  It is wonderful having my mom here, but it is difficult to see her slip into dementia. Thankfully she is still happy to see us and knows who we are.

I couldn't be more proud of you when we were going to the grocery store and you wanted to buy flowers, and pick them out, for both my mom and yours.

I love Mother's Day because without you there would be no Mother's Day for us. You have made our life sweet, son - and mother's day and father's day are all about how thankful we are that you made us parents.

Then we got to see you play.

I think this is my favorite time. But then again, I say that every age.

Love,

Dad

We needed to make cookies

It all started here


Your first public performance

No comments:

Post a Comment