Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Can't sleep

Dear JJ,

This morning, about 4 am the weight of the world was upon me so I got up early and did some work. You woke up and came out, and I said you still needed to sleep, that it was still night.  You asked why I was up and I said, "I just can't sleep."  You said, "I can't sleep either."

That you wanted to be with daddy made me smile. We went back into the bedroom and off you slept- after demanding a hug and your blanket.

As I listened to you snore the weight of the world was lifted off my shoulders. I never knew the weight of the world could be lifted off my shoulders by a four year old boy.

Thank you son, for putting life in such sweet perspective. Sometimes all you need is love.

Love,

Dad
Making Valentine's Cards for Teacher Ruth-Ann

No comments:

Post a Comment