Friday, August 29, 2014

Grandma Simpson

Dear JJ,

When I told you that my mom was sick and not feeling well you looked at me and said, "Grandma Simpson?" Amazing that my four year old gets that connection. But still, this is a hard one.

We have to go visit her, and she is now in a home to help her. My mom loves you- when we told her that we were going to have you it was one of the happiest times I have seen her.  She, more than anyone, loves to get you cars and trucks as toys - because she had boys and knows how much we love those.

Now she is having a hard time, with her memory and her thinking - but she still loves you.

Do you know what the hardest part for me is- I can't call her. Because I use to call her every day, and it isn't something that I can do. So I pass word on to her by my dad, Grandpa Simpson.

We all get old, son. We will go and visit her, and see a lot of her over the next months - as much as it takes. But I hope you see one thing: as your mom and I get older, please keep in touch. It will mean a lot to us, as it does to my mom.

Love,

Dad
On our last visit, it was one of the last times my mom was able to be in her home

Mom loves getting you cars - she loves her grandson

No comments:

Post a Comment