Monday, July 8, 2019

It has been way too long

Dear JJ,

This has been kind of a rough year. In March I was hospitalized for pneumonia and spent several days in the hospital.  It was hard on you to see your dad there. 

Then later I had a small lesion taken off my nose and the results came back as a cancer - thankfully that changed and it was benign.

In those moments when I thought I had a disease that would take me from you, I thought of how I just want to spend as much time as I can with you in whatever time I had left.

So I am looking forward to coming to Canada for your birthday - nine years old.  It turns out you have been away from Phoenix since May 27th.  Even though I see you almost daily on the phone it isn't quite the same.  And a couple of days after I leave you and your mother are coming back to Phoenix.

At first I felt guilty about you coming back - the weather here is miserable. Then I realized - I miss you terribly, and your mother, and time is one thing I can't make up for, something I can't buy.

So, I promise to swim with you in the pool and in a couple of weeks you will start school.
See you soon,

Love,


Dad
Fun place to catch bugs- this from a couple of years ago

From this year in Canada - ah, lots to keep you busy

You have always had a special relationship with Gigi

Exploring Lake Ontario- even a shipwreck you have touched 
Poppop is the best


The lake is too much fun
While you were in Canada your dad found time to be on a wreck and I look forward to you learning scuba and joining your mom and I for more adventrues

No comments:

Post a Comment